Thursday, January 7, 2010

Welcome To My Bookshelf

Welcome to my Bookshelf. A place to share and talk about books.

I love to read. Always have, always will. If there's only one thing people know about me, this is probably it. And it's not just reading, I love books themselves. The feel of the binding, the crack of the spine when you open a book for the first time, the smell of the paper, ink and glue, it's all completely irresistible. A favorite game of mine is to wonder the aisles of a bookstore or library, running my fingers down the rows, looking for that next great find.

And once that book is found, you get to read it. There is nothing more exciting than reading a truly great book. The type of book that you can not wait to pick up again when you're forced to put it down, the one you find yourself reading until 4:00 a.m. because you kept telling yourself "Just one more chapter...", and especially the one that you can't stop thinking about and find yourself telling everyone you know to read. Those are the truly great books and the reason for this blog.

I needed a place to write reviews, share my opinions, and make recommendations beyond my rambling emails and late night talks with my best friend, C, who has suffered through more than one 'Literary Hangover' with me. And it has occasionally been known to happen that someone will ask my opinion on what to read. So here it is - a place for me to share my opinions and recommendations with those who want to know.

I hope you'll enjoy my thoughts and maybe even agree with me on some. Mostly I hope I can help you discover a book you may not have found otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment