Monday, September 13, 2010

Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10)

Three Stars

I started reading the Sookie Stackhouse books, otherwise known as the Southern Vampire Mystery Series, by Charlaine Harris about a year and a half ago. I have been a fan ever since and I would like for it to stay that way, but man, Charlaine is starting to make it difficult.

Around book 7, the storyline becomes so crowded that almost nothing happens because there’s too many different topics to talk about. I have begun to feel lost in the nothingness of it all. I also felt that the first few books each had a strong individual storyline while the overall story arc developed nicely. Now it seems like stuff is happening, but nothing is really progressing. Overall everyone is still pretty much in the same place.

Not to mention that two of my favorite characters exited at the end of #9 and the beginning of #10.

Dead in the Family did have a few good times. Like the introduction of one Alexi Romanov and Sookie getting high to help the Weres. I am also happy that Sookie and Jason have patched things up. And I am just putting this out there, I would like to see more of Pam and I think I’m ready for Sookie and Sam to hook up. We all enjoy Eric but right now I’m voting for Team Sam.

And no, I don’t watch True Blood, mostly because I don’t get HBO. I’ve seen some clips online and I like some of their changes but just do not get others.

PS - I've got six more book reviews I will be posting in the next few days. Time to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment