Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"Revelations" by Melissa De La Cruz

Two Stars

Things have changed within the Coven. Lawrence Van Alen has taken over as leader, Mimi Force is a full member, and the Warden’s are keeping secrets.

Things have also changed in Schuyler Van Alen’s personal life as well. She is forced to live in the Force townhome with her secret crush, Jack, and her nemesis, Mimi. She has a new ally in Bliss, an old friend has returned, Dylan, and just might be losing her oldest friend and Conduit, Oliver, after forever altering their relationship by making him her human familiar.

When as ancient place of power is endangered, threatening the release of an ancient evil, everyone will reveal who they really are and people’s true allegiances will be shown.

Is it bad when I finish a book and can’t really remember what happened? Yes. Yes, it is.

This is the third book in the Blue Bloods series and I think the story would have been more powerful if these first three books had been condensed into one slightly longer book, instead of three individual ones.

There are three more books but I’m not sure if I can take any more of the plot going basically nowhere until the last few pages. Even then it only takes a few steps forward.

I have also decided that I like Mimi a whole lot more than Schuyler, who acts like a selfish spoiled brat. Mimi is also selfish and spoiled, but at least she’s open about it and doesn’t run around pretending to be the morally superior while betraying anyone who actually did care about her.

I guess I’m supposed to buy into this whole forbidden love story with Schuyler and Jack but I don’t like it. Schuyler is being a total be-autch to Oliver, whom she forever binds to herself knowing that he already loves her, even though she knows she doesn’t feel that way. And Jack is in love with Schuyler’s mother! It’s weird. They can just run off and deserve each other. I think Mimi can do better.

This series is going on the “Ehh, maybe later shelf.” I have no real desire to see what happens, except maybe to Mimi, who is kind of awesome. It’s not a horrible series, it’s just that I don’t like the main character and it moves too slow for me. So maybe I’ll pick it back up once I get through all of the other books currently sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be read.

That reminds me, I need to renew most of those before I start getting some late fees!

No comments:

Post a Comment